9.06.2010

SPECIAL: A Labor Day Entry about a Labor of Love

For those unaware, this is not my full-time job. Though sometimes the upkeep of it (especially when I revamped the look recently) can feel like one. LOL. Still...it does consume a huge portion of my time, and no matter how I have to creatively juggle my hours...sometimes there are just not enough of them in the day!

Though the job that does pay the bills is still a creative one (creative direction / design / illustration - Anyone need some design work done?), it is still a job and the elements I have no control over can sometimes leave me feeling stifled and artistically repressed. Among the many benefits of music is that it's great for releasing the confines of a work day! Ha ha ha. I think it's kinda funny that I'm writing this entry on my day off, celebrating Labor Day! It's A Labor Day entry about a labor of love!

Needless to say, music is an integral part of my life, and this blog has been a way for me to express that.

Though I've been keeping the site more regularly updated, it's still hard to find the time to get everything posted that I want to, as quickly as I'd like. I'm particular about what I write/contribute, (especially when writing reviews) because I want to make sure that my thoughts/opinions are truly and accurately reflected. And sometimes, I can get behind on the uploading of photographs from live shows because I shoot so many pictures and it takes awhile to go through the images. What can I say? I do the best I can...I'm human, and this isn't a job for me. I don't get paid to do any of it. It's just something I love to do.

That being said, I'd like to mention that A Million Watts of Sound is about to have some help! In upcoming weeks, Becky Cruz and Brian Jimenez will start assisting me with keeping the blog regularly updated, and share some contributions of their own. Like me, they are open to various genres and love to discover and share new music they come across. When we hang out and talk about music, it's obvious they have a love and passion for music that go beyond the average everyday listening. Because of that, and the growth of this blog, I am excited they accepted the internships I offered. Yay!

I have had a blast creating this blog and writing as often as possible since its inception in 2008. It's awesome to watch this grow and I enjoy all the amazing experiences that have come out from it. The bands & musicians I've met, the shows I've experienced, friends I've made, and of course...the music I've discovered! But it's never been just about me...it's always been about sharing great music. I'm glad for the opportunity to share those types of experiences with Becky and Brian and look forward to what the future holds as this magical experience continues with them!

No comments: