5.30.2008

SHOW REVIEW: Wild Sweet Orange

Instead of reviewing all three bands in the same entry, I'm breaking this up into three parts, in order of their performances.


Part Two: WILD SWEET ORANGE
www.wildsweetmusic.com

The second performance of the night, came from a band out of Birmingham, AL called Wild Sweet Orange. The band members are Preston Lovinggood (Vocals/Guitar), Chip Kilpatrick (Drums), Taylor Shaw (Guitar), and Garrett Kelly (Bass).


These four guys energetically came on stage and consistenly kept it going throughout their entire set. Again, like with the first performer, I'd never heard of this band prior to this show. I was there to see Augustana. However, these guys had so much enthusiasm, that it was hard not to get caught up in the infectious groove of their music. They all had really good stage presence, particularly Preston. And Garrett was definitely enjoyable to watch too. He's my favorite in the band. To be fair though, I was closer to his side of the stage, so most of my photos are of him. It was hard to get good shots of Chip and Taylor.

But, like everyone else around me, I had my foot tappin', hips shakin' and neck bobbin' to just about every song. Sounds cheezy, maybe. I probably looked it too. I don't care. I had a great time, and it seemed everyone around me did too. And isn't that the point of going to shows? LOL.

Anyways, I'm gonna have to download their album as well and add them to my shuffle. If you get the chance to check them out, do so. Definitely worth the listen...

The very sexy, Garrett Kelly, on bass.

For more of my photos of Wild Sweet Orange, click HERE.

No comments: