8.21.2010

LISTEN: Dylan LeBlanc - Pauper's Field

Photo by Amanda Chapman

How lucky am I to have previewed Dylan LeBlanc's upcoming album, Pauper's Field?! I was falling in love with the album when I was only halfway through! It is amazing!!! No wonder this young musician from Louisiana is quickly garnering a lot of media attention well before the album release!

The first time I came across his music and mentioned it on this blog, my initial reaction was...
"Dylan LeBlanc! How are you only 20 years old? You sound like a seasoned pro, with decades of life experiences to share..."
Well, I learned that Dylan first began playing guitar when he was only 7 years old. He began writing songs just a few years later. That explains part of why Dylan is such an astounding musician... he's been at it for years! The other part is the combination of his sheer talent and passion.

It was clear to me when I first heard "If Time Was for Wasting" that I wanted to hear more from him. Check it out here:


As I listen to the collective songs on Pauper's Field, the reasons why I want more, are obvious.

It's a masterful blend of melodic guitar, coupled with his original storytelling lyrics and a voice that cuts to the chase and touches something inside you. There's a sense of intimacy when you get lost in the beauty of these songs. This album is penetrating. It will move you.

I don't even know how I can choose 3 best tracks on here. It's ALL incredible and I can't get enough of it. So, this will have to be my FIRST album review without a top tracks listing. Yeah...it's that good!

The album releases in just 3 days, but you can go HERE... preview of all twelve songs... and then GET THIS ALBUM!


No comments: