6.28.2008

I DIG: Mass Solo Revolt

Click on photo below to view Athfest 2008 collection on Flickr.

Mass Solo Revolt @ Rye Bar during Athfest 2008
Athens, Georgia

I have a new local band favorite! Mass Solo Revolt. Came across them when I saw their rockin' show at Rye Bar. As mentioned in my blog entry about Athfest 2008, their performance alone, was worth the trip to Athens, even if I didn't get to see as much of the festival as I wanted to.

Anyways, this band kicks ass. They rocked hard for every single song. I LOVED watching Derek Burdette's (guitars/keys) energy. He looked like he was going into convulsions jumpin' around so much! Hell yeah! Too bad I wasn't able to capture the intensity of his movements in one of my photos. Believe me, he was all over the place!

Besides, I was too engrossed in their music to think about photos. I had my camera in my hand the whole time, and it wasn't til their last song I even thought to use it! Oh well..

So anyways,
Martin Brummeler's (guitars/vocals/keys) vocals were good too. I was surprised to be able to hear them over the loud jamming, but I did! I sat right up front, at a table next to the speaker, and due to a support beam, couldn't get a good view of Russ Sherman (drums) and only saw James Frye's (bass) back. LOL. But, no matter, the four of them together are freakin' AWESOME.

Don't believe me? Well you should! And if you still don't? Then go check them out at www.myspace.com/masssolorevolt or if they are playing in Athens, or somewhere near you when they tour. You can also download their music on iTunes. I'll refrain from saying "I told you so." ;-)

Mass Solo Revolt IS great music + infectious energy + rockin' stage presence. I can't wait to see them again! I can't decide yet which of their songs is my favorite... guess I'll just have to keep listening until I decide. Ha ha ha!

No comments: