1.17.2009

I DIG: Blackalicious

Gift of Gab and Chief Xcel form the hip hop duo, Blackalicious. Apparently these guys have been around for awhile and are even from my ol' stomping grounds of Sacramento, California.

It wasn't until recently, however, that I was introduced to their music, and... wow. Awesome!

Timothy Parker appropriately goes by the moniker, Gift of Gab. The flow of his lyrical talents, I think, can best be heard on my favorites:

(click on song name to hear iTunes preview)
Xavier Mosley (aka Chief Xcel) drops beats that are just ridiculous! This is NOT your typical everyday Hip-Hop/Rap music. This is music by which to get your groove on. And music with a message at that.

If you enjoyed the links above, download more of their other tracks on iTunes and show some love. You can also check them out at www.blackalicious.com

No comments: