8.20.2010

LISTEN: The Lost Boys - Look Out World


The Lost Boys are a rock band made up of five teenage guys from Lake County, CA. (Throw your hands up! I'm a Northern Cali girl myself!) That's just a few hours away from my hometown, and I gotta say, it's nice to see the talent that's coming out of there.

The guitar riffs are catchy, the rhythm gets you grooving, and the vocals are youthful but with a nice bit of roughness around the edge. Though much of their album, Look Out World, is full of fun and upbeat tunes, they can also turn out a good ballad.

Check it out here on my favorite track "Cloud 9"

Best Tracks
It's been awhile since my high school days, so I can't say that all of the songs are relatable to me NOW. Still, there's just the right energy in songs like "Summertime" and "I'm Not Popular" to make me feel as though I'm that age all over again...and not in a 'flashback' kind of way. The album is definitely recommended for all ages to take a listen to.

The guys may be barely old enough to drive or not quite old enough to vote... but DON'T let their age fool you. Beau, Jordan, Matt, Thomas & Jacob have already shared the stage as special guests of such bands as Gin Blossoms and All-American Rejects. I think their album title definitely sums up their message up nicely... Look Out World.

So...get ready, 'cause here they come!






No comments: