1.02.2011

MARK IT: Damon Moon and the Whispering Drifters - 01.28.11

So, it's the second day of the new year, but this is an entry with a lot of firsts! My friend, Paul told me about this band, Damon Moon and the Whispering Drifters. I have been intrigued since I FIRST took a listen to their recent EP, The Holy Noise. (Go get it HERE.) The FIRST track, Further On, is short, but easily caught my attention. Restless Roads End followed immediately and is my favorite. I quickly found myself drawn in to the rest of the album. I am so excited for them to be my FIRST show of 2011!!!

The Jan. 28 show at The Monkey Barrel in Gainesville is the FIRST of a weekend of local shows at the end of the month. Damon Moon and the Whispering Drifters are about to kick off their 5th U.S. tour (lasting 9 weeks) and I'm thrilled to learn that this show starts it all off! Most shows I go to are in Athens and Atlanta. So, it's awesome that these guys are not only from right here in Gainesville, but performing here too! I know it shouldn't sound surprising for musicians to play their hometown, except that in their 2+ years of performing live, this will be their FIRST HOMETOWN SHOW! I'm SO THERE and YOU SHOULD BE TOO!!
To RSVP to this event on FB, click HERE.

Go HERE for a list of current upcoming tour dates. Visit often, as this list is still continually being updated. For more on this intriguing band, check out their official website, www.lungsdirtanddreams.com and follow them on Facebook, HERE.

http://amillionwattsofsound.posterous.com

No comments: